Raspberry Pi 5 is coming, and we have a FAQ
Raspberry Pi 5 is coming, and Rokland has the latest info with our FAQ below!
Wen Pi 5?
Raspberry Pi 5 is expected to be available in October of 2023. An exact launch date is not available yet. Preorders may occur with some distributors. We will announce any preorder for our own site.
Does Raspberry Pi 5 use the same case as Raspberry Pi 4?
No, the form factor dimensions are not identical, and Pi 5 will require a new case.
Does Raspberry Pi 5 use the same power supply as Pi 4?
No, it consumes more power and a higher grade power supply is needed. Rokland will have Raspberry Pi 5 power supplies in stock soon.
Do current versions of Raspberry Pi OS work on RPi 5?
You will need a new version of Raspberry Pi OS called Bookworm, which is scheduled to launch in mid October. Rokland will have SD cards available pre-flashed with Bookworm sometime in October if needed.
- Broadcom BCM2712 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with cryptography extensions, 512KB per-core L2 caches and a 2MB shared L3 cache
- VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
- Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® display output with HDR support
- 4Kp60 HEVC decoder
- LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB SKUs available at launch)
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi®
- Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- microSD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires separate PoE+ HAT)
- 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
- PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals (requires separate M.2 HAT or other adapter)
- 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support
- Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
- Real-time clock (RTC), powered from external battery
- Power button